Motorcoach Washer/Detailer – Portland
How do you feel about being an important part of a bigger team?
Are you interested in growing beyond your current responsibilities as an car washer-detailer and making a better career for yourself?
You deserve to be happy, right?
So find out why NW Navigator has such a positive team of employees! We are growing and looking for career-oriented people to grow with us.
NW Navigator Luxury Coaches is more than simply Portland’s finest luxury motorcoach company. We have been recognized as the West Coast’s first motorcoach company to be GREEN Certified by the Green Coach Certification Research initiative; among the 100 Top Private Fastest Growing Companies in Portland 2012 – 2016 and Top Women Owned Businesses in Portland 2012 – 2015 by the Oregon Business Journal; the Best of Portland 2012 – 2015; and the first ever motorcoach company to be awarded Trusted Carrier by the Department of Transportation.
We are also innovative and offer excellent opportunity for advancement into management positions. Don’t just take our word for it, see what our clients have to say!
“They are the Best in Portland Oregon! We have used this motorcoach company for over a year exclusively – great equipment, safety oriented, good maintenance, reliability plus, professionally dressed and mannered. You can’t go wrong.”
(Full-time); Full-time shifts available! Monday-Thursday/Friday and Thursday-Sunday/Monday, start at 6:00PM and end when all buses are done; if not a lot of buses are out, the night is shorter; if the fleet is out, work will continue until 3:30am or whenever finish.
(Part-time) Part-time schedule supports and supplements the full-time schedule within the hours of 6pm-Finish.
Bus Fleet Washing & Detailing Job Duties:
- Quality control/cleaning to NW Navigator stringent standards is key, as is efficiency
- Perform such cleaning duties as sweeping, mopping floors, vacuuming of seats & upholstery, using appropriate cleaning equipment
- Clean/disinfect restrooms, including toilet, sink, walls, floor, towel dispensers & mirrors
- Dust/wash windows, mirrors, interior glass, window casing & tracks, blinds, ledges & overhead compartments
- Clean/shampoo upholstery
- Wash walls, hand rails & overhead compartment doors to remove such items as splash marks, finger prints & grease marks
- Clean/polish sinks, mirrors & any other chrome areas
- Empty trash from vehicles
- Resupply motor coaches with items such as toilet paper, pot shot, paper towels & hand sanitizer
- Requests supplies as needed, keeping current inventory updated
- Report damage, malfunctions & other irregularities of the vehicle to Supervisor
- Turn in lost & found articles, putting them in the lost & found cabinet, recording on the sheet each item found
- Follow company policy & OSHA safety regulations
- Properly clean/maintain equipment & work area at the end of each shift
- Keeps workers storage/work areas clean at all times
Related Washer/Detailer Duties:
- Perform related duties as assigned including but not limited to the following:
~Flexible availability- Mostly nights, changing shifts on a temporary basis to perform detailed cleaning of specific vehicles
~Cleaning of areas other than vehicles including buildings & grounds as requested
~May involve safely starting/driving of vehicles on the lot
Minimum Washer/Detailer Qualifications:
- Reliable with casual knowledge of cleaning methods, techniques & equipment. Experience with housekeeping, janitorial/custodial work will be considered!
- High School diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education/experience
- Reliable form of transportation
- Criminal background check and drug test (including for marijuana) required
- Frequent lifting of up to 75 lbs is required
- This position involves extensive bending, stretching & twisting to complete the job duties